2.File any complaints which can be filed right away. For example, if your baggage is missing or damaged, report it before you leave the area or as soon as possible.
3. Don’t be clueless. Use your street smarts when you travel. If something looks dangerous or to good to be true, it is likely best for you to simply avoid it all together.
4. Keep your luggage close at all times. No matter where you are, setting a bag down is a bad idea. At the airport or in the city, keep your hands on your bags at all times to avoid having it lost or stolen along the way.
5. Don’t carry your wallet in your back pocket. This is just one obvious thing to avoid. Pickpockets and scam artists know what they are doing and being an easy target will likely get you targeted.
6. Blend in at all times. Dress like the locals or at least like an informed traveler not an obvious American tourist, you will be targeted.
7. Don’t check baggage if you don’t have to.
8. Skip the busy travel days and avoid the lines.
9. Pay attention when dealing with money.
10 Watch for obvious distractions in busy areas and avoid them. Many scam artists use distraction techniques on the street.
What To Do If You Still Have Complaints
- Understand that even if something is annoying, it is not necessarily a valid complaint. For example, if a person next to you on the plane has stinky feet and you are annoyed, there is nothing you can do about it later. Try to deal with the situation at the time by politely asking said person to put their shoes back on or talking to someone in charge.
- File a complaint with the right person. For example, filing a complaint about your hotel with the FAA is not going to get you any resolution.
- Be patient but persistent. Understand that millions of people travel everyday. You are important but you are likely not the only one who encountered a problem in the world..
Island Trader Vacations Reviews complaints and tips on how you can avoid becoming a victim when you travel. Know before you go and enjoy travel more with Island Trader Vacations.