Travel Complaint – It costs too much to visit New York City, I need a city that meets my budget constraints.
Ranked as one of the most expensive cities in the world, New York City is one destination which does not have to be out when it comes to travel because of its cost. With a little planning, a little research and a little creativity, you can enjoy New York City on almost any budget. Island Trader Vacations complaints reviews the top tips to help you do just that. Explore New York City on your terms.
- Avoid cabs, even yellow ones whenever possible – While travel by air can be relatively cost effective as there are millions of people traveling in and out of the city by air each day in NYC, cabs can easily break any budget. If at all possible, avoid cabs when traveling in NYC. From the moment you arrive, find other options including Airport Express Buses and the Metro. Once in the city, the subway system is a great way to get around on a budget.
- Consider a CityPass – The NYC CityPass offers discounts to the top attractions in the city. Not cheap, it will only benefit you if you plan on visiting a number of these destinations in the time frame allotted. Know that CityPasses are only good for a period of time so know and plan carefully.
- Don’t stay in Manhattan – Manhattan is generally the most expensive place to stay in NYC. Choose accommodations in other boroughs including Queens or Brooklyn to save money.
- Eat like a local – Like Chicago and other major cities, NYC has plenty of food options on the street which will save you money and offer a true NYC experience. Chelsea Market is another cost friendly and fun way to eat in NYC.
Free Must Sees
- Take the Staten Island Ferry – Free and wonderful, the Staten Island Ferry is iconic and cost effective. It also offers you almost 30 minutes of amazing views of the Statue of Liberty without the lines and beautiful views of the cityscape as well.
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge – A popular way to enjoy NYC on a budget, walking the Brooklyn Bridge costs you nothing and offers great views and some exercise as well.
- Take a tour – Tours in NYC don’t always cost in fact, many attractions offer free tours to help you learn more about the city and enjoy the knowledge of someone from the area. A few of the free tours offered include Conservatory Garden Tours in Central Park, Free Tours By Foot (be sure to tip) and the Big Apple Greeter tours.
- Central Park – A must see for anyone, it truly is beautiful and an icon in the world today.
- Federal Hall –Often overlooked this museum is a national monument is the site of George Washington’s Inauguration and was home to the first Congress.
- Visit Grand Central Station – Free and fun, this is one of the most famous train stations in the world.
Just a taste of this entire massive city has to offer, there are thousands of things to see and do and still stick to your budget. Be realistic in your budget and don’t forget to allot at least some money for souvenirs.
Island Trader Vacations complaints reviews tips and news to help you enjoy travel more. Travel more, explore more and make the most of your journeys with Island Trader Vacations.